Free online Tutoring, Job Search Assistance and Academic & Career Resources.
The Alabama Virtual Library provides all students, teachers, and citizens of the State of Alabama with online access to essential library and information resources. It is primarily a group of online databases that have magazine, journal, and newspaper articles for research. Through the AVL, an equitable core of information sources is available to every student and citizen in Alabama, raising the level of excellence in schools and communities across the state. If you enjoy the benefits that AVL brings to your school, college, library or home, please take a few minutes to thank your local legislators for providing this resource for the State of Alabama.
Ancestry Library Edition (ALE)
In celebration of Alabama’s bicentennial, Ancestry Library Edition (ALE) is now available for use at all Alabama public libraries. This puts billions of genealogical resources at the fingertips of any Alabama resident with a library card. (Please note that Ancestry Library Edition is not available offsite due to licensing restrictions with ancestry.com.)
Need some tips on how to get started? Check out these FREE training resources available 24/7.
• ALE Learning Center: http://www.ancestrylibrary.
• ALE YouTube training playlist: http://bit.ly/1rWRGlt;
• Five Minute Finds from Ancestry.com: https://www.youtube.com/
• Genealogy webinars (live and recorded): https://proquestmeetings.
A wealth of knowledge: exploring items from libraries, archives and museum collections.
Use this resource to:
- Take practice tests for the GED, SAT, citizenship and more.
- Improve your job skills and explore career options.
- Create an account and track your progress. Learning Express has more than 1,000 practice tests and skills tutorials for elementary school through adult learners.
- Creating an account is NOT required, but a Learning Express profile will record your test scores, track progress and provide recommendations for improvement.