Reading daily to young children, starting in infancy, can help with language acquisition and literacy skills.
This is because reading to your children in the earliest months stimulates the part of the brain that allows them to understand the meaning of language and helps build key language, literacy and social skills. - all4kids.org
Program in a Nutshell
HOW DOES THE PROGRAM WORK?
- Pick out books at home or at the library and start reading to your child.
- Keep track of book titles read or that a care-giver or family member might read to your child.
- Read the same book over and over again and that book counts each time.
- Read in any language.
- Storytime counts, too! View the SFPL calendar for storytime schedule.
- Listen to an kids audiobook or read a kid friendly ebook in AXIS 360 or Camellia Net, that counts!