GET A LIBRARY CARD
Apply for a library card when you visit the library* or right now with the link below, and start using your library card right away.
Pick up your physical library card in person at Spanish Fort Public Library within 7 days of applying
To claim your library card, please bring:
- Valid Photo ID
- Driver's License from any US state
- State Issued Non-Driver Photo ID
- Employee ID
- College ID
- US Military ID
- Handgun license
- Shelter ID
- Passport book/card
- VISA/Green Card
- Proof of address (if address on Photo ID is not current); must list the exact name shown on the accompanying photo ID**
- `Voter ID
- any computer generated mail with a Baldwin County, Alabama address(nothing with handwritten address)
- email documents such as lease, deed, utility contracts that can be shown to an SFPL Staff member
- proof of residency
- `Voter ID
Persons who reside outside of Baldwin County can obtain an SFPL library card by showing one of the forms of ID listed above and paying a non-resident fee. SFPL Non-resident cards are subject to a renewal fee upon reaching the account expiration date.
Please speak to an SFPL staff member regarding non-resident account term limits and restrictions regarding location based resources.
If you are under age 16, SFPL dependent/child library cards must be linked to an existing parent/legal guardian BCLC location library account. The adult cardholder will need to show any BCLC location library card in good-standing to claim a new dependent card.
Parent/Guardians without an existing library card account at one of the BCLC locations refer to the above instructions for obtaining a card.
Lost your library card?
Please report a lost card as soon as you can. It only takes a couple of minutes to replace your library card. You only need to present your valid picture ID and pay a small library card replacement fee.